As of August 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. the Michigan Small Business Restart Program Application period has closed.
About the Michigan Small Business Restart Program:
In an effort to support businesses that were impacted by COVID-19, the State of Michigan allocated $100 million of CARES Act funding to implement the Michigan Small Business Restart Program. Fifteen Economic Development Organizations (EDOs) across the state* were selected to help assist in distributing these funds locally, including Middle Michigan Development Corporation.
Middle Michigan Development Corporation (MMDC) received $3,500,000 in funds to distribute to eligible small businesses located in Arenac, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella and Midland counties.
Application Review Timeline:
MMDC is currently in the process of reviewing and scoring the applications received through the Michigan Small Business Restart Program. All applications submitted between July 15 – August 5, 2020 will be reviewed and scored using the Michigan Economic Development Corporations scoring rubric. Grant award decisions are expected to be made by August 30, 2020.
Overall, our expected timeline is as follows:
- Application selection by 8/30;
- Notification to Awardees begin 9/1 and will be completed by 9/30;
- We will begin distributing funds as quickly as possible, however we expect all funds will be disbursed by 10/30.
- All awards shall be distributed to recipients no later than the completion date of December 30, 2020
MMDC is committed to being a resource for local businesses in the area. In order to support businesses and nonprofits, we made it a top priority to promote this program through a variety of media outlets including:
- A half page advertisement in the Morning Sun
- Press release distribution to other area papers and publications
- Numerous social media posts on the MMDC Facebook page
- MMDC partners shared many social media posts and email blasts
- Announced program and eligibility updates on social media
- Blog posts located at http://mmdcblog.org
- A radio interview on 104.3 FM
- Emails distributed to MMDC’s business contact list
If you have additional questions or want to speak to a MMDC team member please contact us at email@example.com or (989) 772-2858.
Additional resources to support you and your business can be found at http://mmdcblog.org/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-for-your-business/